How to set up your Tax Exempt account
Please follow these instructions. If questions arise, email firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order.
FIRST-TIME Tax Exempt Customers
Complete these steps before placing your order:
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT or LOG IN to your existing account.
- Proceed to your MY ACCOUNT page and open the TAX CERTIFICATES section.
- Click the ADD EXEMPTION button and follow the prompts to complete the online tax exemption form:
- Complete the online form: Completing the online tax exemption form is the quickest way to qualify for your tax exemption. Your tax exempt status will be validated within a few minutes of completion of the form. An approved certificate will appear in the TAX CERTIFICATES section of your MY ACCOUNT page, and you will be able to proceed with your tax exempt order.
- OR upload a PDF: Within the online form is an option to upload your existing certificate ("Import your copy of this document”) . When using this option, a manual validation process must take place before you are able to make a tax exempt purchase. Your upload will be validated by the following business day and an email notification will be issued once the validation process has been completed. Please do not proceed with your purchase until you receive the approval notification. Once your certificate has been validated, it will appear in the TAX CERTIFICATES section of your MY ACCOUNT page, and you may proceed with your tax exempt order. Orders shipping to CO, CT, IL and MD must use the upload option.
RETURNING Tax Exempt Customers
- You must be LOGGED IN to your account to receive the tax exemption at checkout.
- If needed, you can review your approved certificate status, or create a new/updated certificate, in your Account pages.
States with Sales Tax
Below are the States for which we collect sales tax. If your "ship to" address is in one of these States, follow the instructions above to set up your tax exempt account on our website prior to placing your order. (If your "ship to" address is not on this list you do not need to file for tax exemption.)
- NEW JERSEY
- NORTH CAROLINA
- NORTH DAKOTA
- RHODE ISLAND
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WEST VIRGINIA