Plant and Seed Guarantees
Our Plant Guarantee
We guarantee our plants to arrive alive and healthy, and to thrive when planted in the appropriate growing conditions and given proper care. Due to the vagaries of winter weather, we cannot guarantee survival of fall planted transplants. All of our plants are North American native plants, and are nursery propagated. None of our plants are wild-dug.
- If a plant fails we may issue either a refund, store credit, or a one-time replacement plant (if available).
- Claims for credit or refund must be received within 60 days of your order shipment date.
- Please allow at least 30 days for your transplants to grow before declaring them dead.
- We do not replace plants that are lost due to neglect, winter losses, severe weather, animals, or plants installed in soil or sun conditions other than those recommended.
- Shipped plants are non-returnable.
Check your order carefully upon receipt. If your order has been damaged or delayed in transit, call us immediately at 1-800-476-9453. For best results, water your plants immediately, store in shaded location, and plant your transplants within seven (7) days, weather permitting. Read and follow the Transplanting Instructions that accompany your order.
Our Seed Guarantee
We guarantee that you will receive high quality, viable seed every time you order from Prairie Nursery. Our seed is tested by an independent seed lab for purity and germination, using standard procedures of the Association of Official Seed Analysts. All of our seed is sold on a Pure Live Seed (PLS) basis. We observe State and Federal laws governing noxious weeds, as determined by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Prairie Nursery is a member of the Wisconsin Crop Improvement Association, which governs seed quality standards for native seeds produced within the state of Wisconsin. Due to the wide variety of planting conditions outside of our control, we cannot guarantee the establishment of plants using our seed.
- Custom Designed Seed Mixes and Pre-Mixed Seed Mixes are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Any individually packaged species of seed, or any standard Prairie Nursery Seed Mix that has not been mixed together by the customer or at the customer's request, may be returned within 30 days after the date received, and no later. The seed must be in good condition, in its original packaging, and not altered or damaged in any way.
- Returned seeds will be charged a 20% re-stocking fee.